FK Lowering Springs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lex_pilmer

Hi, has anyone fitted a set of four FK lowerings springs to there puma?

Ive been looking at a set of coilies but the funds are abit tight and wondering if the fk lowering springs are a decent option to put me on?
Thanks alot

Lex P

I have a 35/40 set waiting to be fitted this weekend (assuming I can get the damm rusty ball joint bolts out). They are progressively wound (better ride than fixed rate springs) and cheap as chips if you order direct from FK with a 24 month warranty. Review to follow!

photo-1.jpg

starfire, are you going to fit them yourself? i cannot really find anywhere that fks have been fitted and reviewed, its like no-one has heard of them!!
How much did you pay for yours?

Lex

Hi Lex,

I payed around £55 direct from FKs website mate, they are a bargain. I fitted them myself last week, it took me around 3 hours as a first timer.

FK are very very popular with the VW crowd but as you say I don't know anyone with them on a Puma. I am really impressed with them so far, the ride is spot on and nowhere near as harsh as my PI springs were.

Stance wise the 35/40 set levels the puma out nicely so you dont have the 'Raked; leaning forward look so much.

100% recommended :grin:

Keep ya eye on the projects section for more info as I will be starting a thread about my car soon.

hi there, i was just about to buy some of these spring on ebay, but would be even better buying direct can you tell me the website address please, have you got any pics of what it looks like lowered, did you replace anything else when you did the job, lots of question sorry this will be my first time on the puma suspension, it looks like a monster truck at the mow :grin:

Hi,

You can buy direct from http://www.fk-automotive.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and if you sign up to their newsletter you get a 5 euro off voucher too. I would definitely fit new rubber top mounts when you do it as yours will more than likely be squashed.

I will get a picture of how it looks up on my project thread Monday or Tuesday for ya :)

Cheers starfire, im really wanting to get the 65/40mm kit they provide because im gonna be wantin to track race it at the beginning of june, im hopin it goes all to plan and i can upload some images but had abit of problem with potholes of late, has done some seriouse damage to one of my alloys so concentrating on that sorting!
Cheers for the advice about the squashed rubber mounts aswell, save abit of time with the install if i get them beofre hand

Lex

Latest posts

Back