focus rs middle exhaust onto a puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi i have big plans for the rear of my puma i found a focus rs twin exhaust that fits in the middle of the bumper. It had been modded to fit a fiesta so hopefully will fit my puma going to cost me £25 and he said i would need to mod the rear bumper so searched ebay my pumas melina blue but they all were around £50 and not mint so i stumbled apon a bargin just generally looking at a ford puma rear bumper saw 1 on sale for £1 best bargain ever in quite good condition then found out i had to pick it up luckily it was only 14 miles away so went and bought it i will mod it then flat it down and spray it melina blue as ive got a air commpressor and eqipment. so at moment new bumper in shed and have to pick exhaust up on tuesday. Has anyone else done this? the exhaust for the focus is under 4 years old as they only came out in 2011. do you think it will make the car sound nice? at the moment my phone is broke so cant take any photos but will as soon as i can.

jason

:p :twisted: :eek:k:

I haven't seen anyone else do this, I doubt there's enough space with the spare wheel in situ?

Smudge said:
[post]345877[/post] Surely you mean the ST? :)

Probably the Mk2 RS or Mk2 ST type centre box I expect.

the exhaust for the focus is under 4 years old as they only came out in 2011

was only this line that made me think ST (mk3) as the mk2 RS finished in 2010 :)

Ah - didn't read that bit.. :thumbs:

Might fit but will do nothing at all for performance as the ST is a turbo car and needs to get rid of it's gases asap. NA needs some back pressure to get the torque.

You've got no chance with a Mk2 ST or RS exhaust as they had to get rid of the spare wheel well to make it fit

^ So just get rid of the spare wheel well?

oilburner said:
[post]345900[/post] You could but it seems like a lot of hassle for not much gain
Less hassle than fitting another engine though - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=345309#p345309

Cheer up, soon be Spring. :)

A pessimist is never disappointed! :grin: to be fair if you run a 1.7 low on oil most of the time it wrecks them just got lucky in this case

Ive got a new ST on order and when I test drove it the exhaust wasn't very loud at all,the actual sound inside the car is piped in from the engine bay through the cars speakers

Good price it's definately a Mk3 ST one, get rid of the silencer box though or it won't be very loud at all

Back