Ford 6000CD

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

Are these compatible with ford remote stalk controls?

Is itpossible to get a stalk for it? the old 5000 tape i had is the same in my mums focus and that has a connection at the back for the stalk, however the 6000cd has a different shape plug in its place

I'm sure I read somewhere that the 6000 stereo is compatible with Steering controls - someone stated that in their eBay listing that it does if I remember correctly.

If it is compatible you should be able to get an adaptor of some kind if required ;)

Have a read on FlashBastd's thread:
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:32 pm
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4567&start=175" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks for the link, my 6000CD has a different middle plug then the one flash is holding, the one flash has is like the focus that i got the remote stalk from, however the middle plug on my stereo is just a straight line of pins i think about 8 or so.

also my stereo has button volume + and - rather then a dial, confused!

right after more investigation it looks like the middle plug on my stereo only incorporates the top set on pins. There are more pins in an extra bank on the 5000 tape deck in the focus.

also my 6000CD doesnt have the phone icon next to its model number on the front like the 5000 does, i can only assume this particular 6000cd isnt compatible with a remote stalk :?

Steve,

Does your 6000 have a volume knob or buttons? If it has buttons then at some point it has been swapped for one from a very early Puma. Get hold of a later one (knob) as these not only have the larger middle plug, but also have a higher power output.

Other option is to get the middle plug from a high spec Mk2 Mondeo or Scorpio - these had a different stalk, but you should be able to use the plug to connect. Crucially they had a remote with the earlier type of 5000/6000/7000.

Really pleased with how it turned out on mine, but do it a touch closer to the wheel than I did. Also chopping the arm off the remote stalk it a pain, I snapped mine, which lost most of the back plate that I later needed to screw into.

cheers for the advice the only real reason i was attempting this is because i blagged the remote stalk off my old dears shitter focus for free lol,

i suppose theres no way of making it work?

any ideas what pins they should goto as iv removed the pins from the plug and can push them straight on the existing pins

okies, just had a peek cant see anything under the workshop manuals that says anything abotu wiring diagrams am i looking in the wrong place?

Try pins 4 and 5. I think these are the bottom two, not sure if it matters which way around they go, as it is just on resistance.

okies il give that a go i have a 3rd green and white wire that went somewhere else in the focus seemed to go down to the alarm module :? i just cut it off not sure if i need it

yeah theres 2 from the stalk but one green coming from the plug going off somewhere else, think i can ignore that one?

Latest posts

Back