Vehicle For Sale Ford Puma 1.7 for sale 55,000miles

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickb27

Puma Supporter
Hello

I’m selling my Ford Puma that has been cared for and is in excellent condition.

First registered on 8th December 2001 at EMG Ford in Bury St Edmunds, this cherished 1700cc Ford Puma, finished in Colorado Red and with Graphite/Chrome trim, is in excellent condition, benefits from comprehensive Ford Service History (14 stamps) and is even signed by its designer, Ian Callum.

The thick history file includes invoices, MOT history and a detailed photographic record of a light restoration undertaken in 2017. At this time, the car was stripped, cleaned, the suspension parts repainted, fuel tank removed with new fuel pump and the car’s body fully and properly protected, leading to its excellent condition today. A full photo album of these steps is provided.

Wheel arches are clean and sharp and the bright Colorado red colour really shines having been detailed in early 2023. Its superb, original condition and low mileage of just 55,500, led this particular Puma to be selected by Octane Magazine in May 2023 to celebrate 25 years of the coupe. Driven by its creator, Ian Callum – with the glovebox now signed by him, the Puma was described as ‘a slice of magic’ and after driving it, the author claimed, ‘it’s one of the most cohesively engineered, front wheel drive cars of all time.’

The 1700cc Yamaha unit in this car, described by Octane as offering ‘wonderfully sharp reactions was rebuilt in 2018 by renowned Puma expert, Allison Automotive. A reassuring bill lists a comprehensive two page itemisation of replacement or work and parts from its Stage 2 Engine build includes, valve stem seals, cam tensioning belt, renewed gearbox oil, engine detailing and a Ford clutch.

The most recent service was in 2022 at the Cutts of Campden with the car again receiving Ford genuine parts and fluids to ensure it drives just as its engineers intended. MOT with no advisories was done in April 2024.

Inside everything works, air conditioning blows ice cold and this Puma also features the rare rear parking sensor pack – also working. The original Ford mats are present too. It has Dagenham Motors Ford plates from when it was traded in there. The owner’s manual, service history and unused Ford dealer tax disc holder are all carefully stored in the folder. V5 showing four keepers plus the current is available.

In addition the car comes with a number of rare Ford Puma pieces of memorabilia including the Inside Story book – still in its posting box, Ford Puma CD, the original dealer brochure, two keys and a fresh, no advisory MOT. A copy of the even rarer Puma Drivers Club publication, still in its envelope is a hard to find and desirable piece of the Puma’s history.

Since 2020, it has only been run on 97 super unleaded and stored in a Carcoon.

I have collected a selection of parts to keep the Puma in its current condition and these would be available separately. These include new headlamp, new second set of Ford Puma floor mats, spare used alloy wheel and various other NOS and used genuine Ford parts.

As you all know, Puma numbers continue to fall and there are fewer standard Pumas with such provenance, service history and condition. Even fewer have had the proper expense to retain the compelling driving experience.

The car is stored in a Carcoon in Oxfordshire. To arrange to view or would like more images, please call +44 7989 202088

£5995

Attachments

• IMG_2833.jpeg
    IMG_2833.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9321.jpeg
    IMG_9321.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Hello

First registered on 8th December 2001 at EMG Ford in Bury St Edmunds, this cherished 1700cc Ford Puma, finished in Colorado Red and with Graphite/Chrome trim, is in excellent condition, benefits from comprehensive Ford Service History (14 stamps) and is even signed by its designer, Ian Callum.

The thick history file includes invoices, MOT history and a detailed photographic record of a light restoration undertaken in 2017. At this time, the car was stripped, cleaned, the suspension parts repainted, fuel tank removed with new fuel pump and the car’s body fully and properly protected, leading to its excellent condition today. A full photo album of these steps is provided.

Wheel arches are clean and sharp and the bright Colorado red colour really shines having been detailed in early 2023. Its superb, original condition and low mileage of just 55,500, led this particular Puma to be selected by Octane Magazine in May 2023 to celebrate 25 years of the coupe. Driven by its creator, Ian Callum – with the glovebox now signed by him, the Puma was described as ‘a slice of magic’ and after driving it, the author claimed, ‘it’s one of the most cohesively engineered, front wheel drive cars of all time.’

The 1700cc Yamaha unit in this car, described by Octane as offering ‘wonderfully sharp reactions was rebuilt in 2018 by renowned Puma expert, Allison Automotive. A reassuring bill lists a comprehensive two page itemisation of replacement or work and parts from its Stage 2 Engine build includes, valve stem seals, cam tensioning belt, renewed gearbox oil, engine detailing and a Ford clutch.

The most recent service was in 2022 at the Cutts of Campden with the car again receiving Ford genuine parts and fluids to ensure it drives just as its engineers intended. MOT with no advisories was done in April 2024.

Inside everything works, air conditioning blows ice cold and this Puma also features the rare rear parking sensor pack – also working. The original Ford mats are present too. It has Dagenham Motors Ford plates from when it was traded in there. The owner’s manual, service history and unused Ford dealer tax disc holder are all carefully stored in the folder. V5 showing four keepers plus the current is available.

In addition the car comes with a number of rare Ford Puma pieces of memorabilia including the Inside Story book – still in its posting box, Ford Puma CD, the original dealer brochure, two keys and a fresh, no advisory MOT. A copy of the even rarer Puma Drivers Club publication, still in its envelope is a hard to find and desirable piece of the Puma’s history.

I have collected a selection of parts to keep the Puma in its current condition and these would be available separately. These include new headlamp, new second set of Ford Puma floor mats, spare used alloy wheel and various other NOS and used genuine Ford parts.

As you all know, Puma numbers continue to fall and there are fewer standard Pumas with such provenance, service history and condition. Even fewer have had the proper expense to retain the compelling driving experience.

The car is stored in a Carcoon in Oxfordshire. To arrange to view or would like more images, please call +44 7989 202088

£5995
That sounds like a really well looked after Puma, good luck with the sale.

Hello

£5995
Now, I really like the red, one of the colours I've not yet owned. Trouble is, I've already got a two-owner medium steel blue in similar condition with 46k and a fully restored Melina with 70k, as well as the black 'daily'! If only.....

Now, I really like the red, one of the colours I've not yet owned. Trouble is, I've already got a two-owner medium steel blue in similar condition with 46k and a fully restored Melina with 70k, as well as the black 'daily'! If only.....
Sounds like you have a great collection Steve. I do also have a 22,000 mile silver 2002 Puma that was owned by its designer, Ian Callum, if you are ever looking for low mileage 1700cc version.

Latest posts

Back