Ford Racing Puma - Front Disc Brakes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamsclio1

Can anyone supply me with the exact sizes of the Alcon Front disc brakes.

Trying to figure out if it is possible to adapt a larger disc to the same specification. If anyone can shed any light on this it would be a great help, like most FRP owners I find it disgusting to pay £399 for a set of replacement front discs and seeing what other possibilities there are than replacing the whole front brake setup, especially as the bloody things can create 0.9 of g force under braking. :twisted:

David

I just replied to this on RPOC the info is in Jackos post here : http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&p=159319" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

295mm x 28mm and you could get a 2 piece setup which might come close to the cost of Alcons initially but come the second replacement they'll start paying for themselves since you keep the bells and just replace the rotors.

yep, i have a guide on here....i dont give any info to the rpoc mate as i dont get on with the heriarchy! their loss!!!

have a good read, its got over 3000 hits and i regularly get emails saying iv saved people £500 or more....

Thanks all

Jacko, fantastic right up thanks for all the information, I am taking my car off the road at the end of June to save up so money so just going to rock around in crappy motor, however in the mean time I will be carrying out a lot of work on mine including brake refurb so massive thank you on the best procedures.

David

Back