Front Seats - replacement?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeT66

So, after one of my noise issues was resolved yesterday thanks to info on here ( http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29520 ) I have now come to the conclusion that I need to tackle a couple of others.

I think possibly due to my Thunder's mileage, the Front Seats have become somewhat 'worn in'. Although the leather is in surprisingly good condition, the driver's seat has an annoying creak from the backrest when I'm driving. I've tried oiling the hinges, but it doesn't seem to have improved it, and trying to track down exactly where the creak is from is a bit difficult when you're actually driving the car.

Secondly, the front passenger seat rattles like hell when no-one is sat in it. I think the noise, too, is in the backrest - possibly from the head-rest area.

First option is the trace these noises and have them fixed - has anyone on here had similar issues?

Second option - new seats. I do quite fancy improving the lateral support with a better set of Recaro-type seats (Millenium ones look much better than the Thunder's seats, but are hard to find), but a lot of the after-market ones look a little too 'racey' - I'm not really a fan of seats with the extra holes for 4-point harnesses unless they are in a race car. Has anyone got any recommendations for good replacements (either from another Ford or after-market ones) that are a straight swap/fit?

Edited to add: Mods - if possible, please feel free to move this into the Cosmetics Thread, where it probably should be. It's early, I've only had one coffee, so made a schoolboy error in not putting it in the right place to start with!

Moved :D

I don't have any advice for the creaking or rattling but the Millennium seats are nice. I believe other have also fitted older Recarro seats out of Fiestas but these I imagine are also as hard to come by. I know you've discounted the racing style seats but my favourite are still the Sparco seats from the Racing Puma and you can sometimes find these in grey out of the Racing Ka that never was.

Good points, Red. I suppose I'm picky as to the aesthetics of the Puma interior - nice, simple curves that emulate the exterior. The best seats I've sat in were from the Porsche 924 that I had. Similar to these:

[image][/sportsitze-sport-seats-porsche-928-gt-gts.jpgimage]

I was thinking if I can't get decent Ford ones then I'd try and find some after-market ones like the Porsche ones - but that's proving a little difficult.

I predict a weekend browsing Google/Ebay...

Latest posts

Back