Front Subframe

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gijs

hello

I've dropped my subframe to get it all cleaned, powdercoated and replace all bushes
do I need a Ford subframe alignment pins to replace the subframe

rgds
gijs

No,

I did mine, provided you can get the car jacked up and get underneath it, I got mine loosely bolted up and used a screwdriver in the alignment holes to make sure it was in the right place, then double checked it by looking up into the holes.

Simon

Ideally yes wouldn't fancy it by eye sight

i can get the proper ford tool for about 55 quid TIS states you need to align it properly or incorrect geometry may occur

thx, but i found the set for 12,- euro will receive it next week, Ive got the time
first it has to go to the powdercoater

theres a few mm movement there, theres two holes underneath you are meant to line up using pins that lock in place. Then you do the bolts up. I think other members have made there own out of wooden dowel

Yep that would work just going to get the proper tool when I get my subframe powder coated

And what does powedercoating at the UK cost.? just curious :roll:

my rear beam cost 40 quid to powdercoat id imagine a pretty similar price at my local place

Thx steve

I've got just another question I want to change the Puma to look more like FRP but the driveshafts of a FRP are longer and also the lower arms., are there other ford driveshafts
which I can use.? cause FRP are rare expensive and difficult to find, and to extend the lower arms is no prob that can be arranged next to my office.

Back