Front wing replacement?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenscar

Getting the Puma sorted out now and it's got it's share of dents.

The worst though is in the OSF wing.

How easy is a wing swap? Is it nut and bolt job only or is there welding involved?

Thanks.

M.

Cool :)

BTW Someone near me is selling a wing and describes it as :

Silver (Not Moondust Silver)

The FAQ only lists Moondust Silver... Any ideas what he might mean?

M.

all puma's are moondust silver,but there are a few different shades of it tho and also you have to take into account the fading due to weather etc,best bet would be to put it against the car and see what it looks like

Cool - That's what I was thinking - I guess he MIGHT mean grey.

Oh well, if he still has it I will go and take a look as he's local.

Thanks.

M

It's a bolt on job unless you've got a really early Puma as they were welded on.

Try having a look under the bonnet. A bolted wing should have a row of bolts along the top edge. There will be others that are less obvious, but that will tell you which you have.

Thanks - I'll take a look in the morning :)

I think it has bolts as that's what got me thinking about the possibility.

M.

Only the first couple of thousand (P and R reg) ones had welded wings so you're S reg should be bolted. :eek:k:

Dal said:
Only the first couple of thousand (P and R reg) ones had welded wings so you're S reg should be bolted. :eek:k:

Mines a Dec 97 but the wings are bolted on... they were in production half a year before that, so mine could have had the later style by that time?

Had my front wings off not long ago, on the early ones there is an extra fixing under the bumper, I think so go carefully. I also had a job with the bolts on the bulkhead, as I had to flex the wing a little to get at them and the wing was also sealed at this point, so had to prise it off.

By December they would have all been the later style yes.

Latest posts

Back