Frozen Motorsport Ford Puma Cup Car 01

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get those boot and door seals off, they weigh too much !!

Don't forget I have got your seat as well

Simon

Just a little update.
Waiting for the exhaust system to arrive and the ECU to be returned from Superchips before the rest of the work on the running gear can continue.
Left to do is fit the brake discs and pads, new Cup brake lines, new Endless brake fluid, Gaz Gold coilovers to be fitted, new wishbones, droplinks and all new bolts for the forward running gear. Had a rear beam powdercoated and needs to be bushed with Cup bushes and fitted then a lot of livery to be plastered on the car.

:cool: Getting there! What specifically makes them cup bushes? (apologies if this has been asked before)

red said:
:cool: Getting there! What specifically makes them cup bushes? (apologies if this has been asked before)

It's the compound used by powerflex, very similar to the black series but the organisers have requested an increase in stiffness on the black series ones, so as yet, you cannot buy these off the shelf.

is this to try and stop people bluffing a different compound as standard off the shelf bushes? seems slightly pointless on the face of it but im sure theres a good reason?

stumc said:
is this to try and stop people bluffing a different compound as standard off the shelf bushes? seems slightly pointless on the face of it but im sure theres a good reason?

Yeah its one of the regulatory components required, like the Gaz Golds, specially coloured by Gaz and the ECU updated by Superchips etc

stumc said:
i just dont see whats wrong with the regular off the shelf polybushes you know?

No I don't really either, like I say the black series are very similar, its not like someone is going to gain an advantage over having others.

Ah Mac, I am sooooo jealous. I saw the Puma Cup details online somewhere and thought i would love to get involved and do a season. Maybe next year. Can't wait to see how you get on and will be following your progress through the season with interest. Good luck with it mate. The bumble bee looks awesome!

Get yourself race ready Scott!!

So a little update on the Cup Car... It's race ready!
Got an MOT for it so it can be used on the roads too.

I've got a few more minor odds and sods to do but nothing drastic.

The car drives fantastically! Much better than any Puma I've ever driven, absolutely incredible handling!!

Being a Milly edition, I decided to keep the Yellow so not to detract from the fact that it's a special model.
The Brakes... well.. they're the 258mm and I'm telling you... much better than my 295mm 4 Pot Alcons!
I guess its all in the fluid you use and the pad material, but DAMN do they stop the car!

Latest posts

Back