FRP 076

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomcat said:
Both Fast Ford and the latest edition of Performance Ford give them a top price of between 12 and 13 grand
Both sound very optimistic to me. - http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motoring/ford-racing-puma-buying-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tomcat said:
Then again, that's one reviewer from Autocar against two dedicated Ford mags, both of which price the FRP at about the same as each other. :)
Well, to be accurate, that's one reviewer holding a different opinion to those of two other reviewers.

Interestingly, it was the fact that they both priced the FRP 'at about the same as each other', that first caught my eye.

Please remember that it's entirely the sellers prerogative to ask for as much for their sale as they like.

For sale threads are not discussion threads.

If you don't agree and don't want to buy said item, don't comment unless the seller asks for comments and opinions.

Dal said:
Please remember that it's entirely the sellers prerogative to ask for as much for their sale as they like.

For sale threads are not discussion threads.

If you don't agree and don't want to buy said item, don't comment unless the seller asks for comments and opinions.

....but as the Original Poster has continued the "discussion" it appears to be open season..

If you really want to get a five figure sum for your car, then you need to ensure your advert is top notch with some excellent pictures to justify your "Mint refurbished wheels, Mint paintwork and body" as some people opinions are different to others for example.

Maybe you should link more clearly to your pistonheads advert?? Or simply link those pictures here so people can at least see some pictures..

IMO (and what do I know) only the very best FRPs will ever command a five figure sum now (and yours may be one) but a scant advert with no pictures, no posted details of any history and justifying your price solely on publications that won't have seen your car won't necessarily inspire potential buyers that your car is worth what you may or may not think it's worth.

Personally the mudflaps, non standard stereo, non standard gear knob, handbrake cover, worn steering wheel alcantara, thing stuck on the dash and the apparent swirly paintwork would put me off a purchase.

And you seem to have forgotten that the publication you have a photo of in your adverts quotes a mint one as being worth "between £6,000 and £13,000" and as that is a huge range it's almost meaningless.

If the OP would like me to clean up the thread leaving just the advert, then please just ask.

For that kind of money I'd expect a completely standard car (and probably a press car too). IMO it's at least £2K too expensive.

Ex owner here - I paid just under £8K for my old one back in 2008, sold it for £5K in 2010. It's now had a lot of work done to it and is now what I'd describe as 'mint'. Even so, that only sold for £7K. I've seen FRP values drop down to the gutter in the past few years - they're only just starting to recover now. But good luck anyway.

Regardless of what you say, these are the things that would put me off. If it were mine, I'd return it to as standard as possible before putting it up for sale as that's what the purists will be looking for when paying top money.

Tell you what, I'll just delete the "pisstaking" comments in a bit and just leave the advert up as is. That way they'll be no more issues.

GLWTS.

Back