FRP Map On TAPE ECU

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadWarrior

Hi all, does anyone know a place that does the FRP map cheap.

Is there a option to have it on a chip to plug in to the OBD port, or does it really have to be mapped onto the ECU?

Thanks in advance.

You can get a plug in chip, and you can get it mapped directly into the ECU. I can do it if you want, by post or in person.

Pumaspeed can also do it by post with a plug in module, but I think they will be twice my price, I charge £100 for a map, i can do it to suit later vehicles with the octane mod, whatever RPM limit you want, and fully remove the torque limiters if needed. :thumbs:

PumaNoob said:
You can get a plug in chip, and you can get it mapped directly into the ECU. I can do it if you want, by post or in person.

Pumaspeed can also do it by post with a plug in module, but I think they will be twice my price, I charge £100 for a map, i can do it to suit later vehicles with the octane mod, whatever RPM limit you want, and fully remove the torque limiters if needed. :thumbs:

Mines a X reg 2000 model. I'd rather have it on a chip, to be 100% honest. As I know they remove the torque limiter in first gear. :wink:

Pumaspeed can sell you a device to upload the map, but it’s still stored on the ECU, not a separate plug in chip. The only company I know of that do it on a chip is superchips, will set you back about £300, although I’m not sure they still do it, they push the bluefin more now. And removing torque limiter is easy on a remap, most remapping companies should be able to do that for you without a chip.

Hi
Another quick simpleton question.
I have a 2002 Thunder and I do not know the type of ECU fitted. Does your map install into my ECU as I'd like to keep the current ECU and not change to another one.
Kind regards Ian

If it is a twin lambda model (and by the year of production it should be) it has DIVE PCM. You can check under the hood easily: if there are two connectors for lambda probes (the blue and the green) it has DIVE PCM. For the rest of your querry you will have to wait for PumaNoob to answer!

Really sorry for the late reply. I can’t install the FRP map on the later ECU’s, I have a map for the later ECU’s but it’s not as good as FRP, and I can’t make it pop like the FRP or raise the Rev limit.

I'll second that if you have a 4-2-1 with sports cat!

Any chance you can do my ECU mate? Sent you a PM a few days ago.

cheers,
Ben.

Hi there,

I have a 2000 W reg 1.7. I was told engine has cams and map? I have 1 x lambda and guess its tape ecu? Can you just read the map and tell me what it is?

Back