Frp wishbone bushes fitting?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trublustu

Hi all.
I`ve bought a set of FRP rear wishbone bushes.
They gotta be an improvement on the old flo-flex they currently wear.

Has anyone got any experience of fitting them.
I have heard they can bee a pig...

Hi Stu
Why would they be any harder to fit than standard bushes? As long as they're Ford wishbones they shouldn't be any more difficult.
Pau

I seem to recall reading in a build thread that they are silly tight,
plus as I have aftermarket bushes I`m not sure `how far` to press them in.

Hello,

I have not introduced myself to the forum till now(I will do in the right section).

I have fitted Powerflex rear bushes in the wishbones and it's not particularly difficult. I pressed them in using a vice and two sockets (one for pushing the bush in and the other for holding the wishbone still).
If you look at the bush you will see that the external diameter of the bush changes a little approximately in the middle of the bush height. That is a kind of stop. You press in the bush and you come to a point that you will feel that the bush has stuck and cannot be further pushed in.

Hope that helped.

Alex

Mine were quite tight when I pressed them in but nothing too silly. I had the two piece bottom arms (that I'd seam welded for strength, after having a single piece arm detatch itself from the front bush, long story). It's easy to see when you're in position with those type as the lip on either side of the arm pretty much lines up with the top and bottom of the bush. I have also had them fitted to the single piece arm too, but I didn't press those in. As long as the central axis of the arm lines up with the central axis of the bush you'll be fine.

Back