Fuel filler cap flap

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanG

Hi chaps im interested to know if theres is a difference between a normal puma filler cap flap and a racing puma one any help will be much appreciated. also if anybody has one let me know :) thanks,
Ryan

Assuming you aren't talking about the key lock cap which goes on the fuel neck which is the same then in short yes there is a difference, a Racing Puma flap is deeper so that is sits flush to the rear wing. If you put a standard flap on an FRP it would sit in the recess.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Racing-Puma-Fuel-Filler-Flap-Cap-NEW-/330808452937?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d05b86749" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ta darrrrrrrrrrr

the issue with mine is it catches on the rear quater when opened and rubs the paint. the car is at the bodyshop for the next two weeks so need to sort a flap. not sure if i should just buy a new one as dont want it too catch again after having the car painted. ive seen new ones on pumabuilds website the same price as the one on ebay, decisions

It does that on mine, you have to learn how to open it so it doesn't, pop it open, pull it straight outwards so the flap stays flat then move the whole lot to he left then swivel the flap open, I'll make a vid if you like or don't get what I mean

Tantalising! I wanna see the vid and I dont even need to.

Its got to be better than tonights telly

Yep I open it like that but previous owner rubbed the paint off the quater Im still not sure its as it should be so will get a new one anyway.
Thanks a lot

Ginger Tom said:
It's currently uploading to photobucket, just for quest

Right I'll get some popcorn on the go :-D :-D

and I'll arrange for some complete tw** to sit in front of me waving his mobile around doing some texting, to give it an authentic cinema feel :twisted:

Back