Fuel filler hose - part number/replacement help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67911121km

Recently had a replacement fuel tank put into my 2000 1.7 due to a leak from a (very) rusty seam - thanks to Ian for the tank :grin:

Anyway, still getting a pong of petrol when driving about. I put in a couple of gallons the other morning before driving around for an hour or so, then when I got home, I looked under the car and saw a drop of fuel forming on the very corner of the (new) tank at the seam. Had a bit if a panic (not another leaky tank!) but after taking a closer look, it looks like the (thicker) rubber hose section of the filler pipework has perished and fuel is seeping out as the car moves around/pressure builds up, finding its way to that corner of the tank. The rubber hose itself also looks wet around the fitting/jubilee clip, as though it's saturated in fluid (petrol).

Does anyone know the Ford part number for the rubber hose connecting the plastic fuel filler pipework to the tank? Or can I use any rubber hose (same size, suitable for fuel) and jubilee clip it on?

Thanks in advance

Hi!

I fixed my fuel pump last week and replaced all the hoses to ordinary hoses instead of the original and put hose clamps. Does it leak from the connectors on the fuel pump or from the hose connections ?

naamloosbkq.png

There you go, mate!

Dunhuld said:
Hi!

I fixed my fuel pump last week and replaced all the hoses to ordinary hoses instead of the original and put hose clamps. Does it leak from the connectors on the fuel pump or from the hose connections ?

The problem I have is nothing to do with the pump or its connections, it's the filler pipe on the other side of the tank... thanks though :grin:

Sjoerd; that's great, thank you! :grin:

This is something I'm thinking of doing aswell. I'm replacing my fuel tank today. You know what they say. If it ant broke don't fix it so will see hw it is after I replace the tank

From the diagram it says the jubilee clips are hd1 / hd2 that I need, is that the size?

Latest posts

Back