fuel tank replacement

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James West Wales

Hi everyone

tried removing my old rusty tank yesterday but found the retaining bolts were just turning and not screwing out

anybody else had this problem? I realy dnt fancy grinding off the bolt heads as theres half a tank of fuel.

The clips are a terrible bit of design, whip the back wheels off and get in their with pliers, remove as much of the fixing on the top as you can and get a set of locking pliers on what remains. Its meant to be captive but a bit of corrosion and it'll just spin as you turn the front.

Is the fuel pump OK? If so see my instructions here for draining the fuel if so - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23367&hilit=middle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not a nice job anyway and five times more difficult with fuel in.

Thanks for writing back, that was my worst fear, am not 100% sure if the pumps working as the cars been standing and i cnt get fuel up to the rail by cranking it over, i have put 2gallons of fresh petrol in but i think old petrol may have gelled in the filter or pump, i do have a old xr3 pump that i can run off a battery to empty it if i have no luck.

Latest posts

Back