Full Tank of petrol for a fiver!! :S

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reecey

Ive just replaced my fuel tank and i went to the petrol station and put a fiver in a jerry can to put in the new tank. When i fitted the new tank i put all plugs and leads back in the correct places but when i went to put the ignition on to start the car up it now says i have a full tank of fuel :S

Why is it doing that?? :S

Is it because when i had the car up on the jacks at the back, the petrol all went to the front of the tank letting the car think that its full??

I drove it home and when i got home the gauge did move slightly like it usually does when i drive it home from work.(work was where i fitted the tank).

Do i just keep filling the car up as usual until the gauge comes back down to the point it should be at?

Just seems strange to me that putting a fiver of fuel in has sent the gauge up to think it has a full tank.

Any help or answers about this would be greatly apprechiated.

Reece :)

Was it a new or used tank? did you fit a tank complete with its fuel pump and sender unit or did you use the original one?

iirc there is a sender unit for analogue dash cars and a sender for digital dash cars so maybe you have the wrong one for your car if you fitted a used tank off the wrong car ??

Alternatively if you swapped the original fuel pump and sender to a new tank you might have disturbed the float or something

Alternatively the float might just be temporarily stuck and will free itself

Maybe its even possible to connect the wiring up incorrectly

Back