Gear shift gate

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LgLiam

I was wondering if anyone knew if/where I could get a metal shift gate, similar to those seen on Lamborghini's and Ferrari's? I doubt they can be brought, and I know they're an utter pain to use, but I would love one!

You would proberly have to see some one with a CNC machine for that and should not be that costly :grin:

jodylee4444 said:
You would proberly have to see some one with a CNC machine for that and should not be that costly :grin:

I have literally just left college so I could have got it done for free! But I was just wondering if it was actually possible to do :p

Anything is possible but in reality you could find the actual gate on the Puma box is to narrow to make it practical.

I made one for my Porsche 944 but the space between the gears meant it did not look right, Ferrari's have a very wide gate which made them really easy to fit a guide plate over.

However all you need is a cardboard template made to fit and cut your own from suitable material.

zinc2000 said:
Anything is possible but in reality you could find the actual gate on the Puma box is to narrow to make it practical.

I made one for my Porsche 944 but the space between the gears meant it did not look right, Ferrari's have a very wide gate which made them really easy to fit a guide plate over.

However all you need is a cardboard template made to fit and cut your own from suitable material.

I did think that after I'd posted earlier and went for a little drive, which is a shame because I think it'd look nice

If you raised it up you would get a wider gate which would work better but you would also get more for/aft movement as well, shame really as I agree that it would look good

zinc2000 said:
If you raised it up you would get a wider gate which would work better but you would also get more for/aft movement as well, shame really as I agree that it would look good

I guess that could be countered by a short shift kit, but all of this seems like alot of something that will look pretty, and the money could be spent elsewhere! Like springs that lower the car so it doesn't look as boaty!

Back