GOOD - North East Cam Belt/Kit Change - Holiways Ford Durham

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longyear

Holiways Ford - Durham

I initially fired off 4 email enquiries late one Sunday night, to several garages, enquiring about a full cam belt kit change, for me Puma 1.7. (Some Ford Dealers, some independents).

3 of the 4 emails failed to receive any reply... :roll:

By mid-monday morning I had a reply from Holiways, with a quote for £341 inc, for a full cam belt kit change (including tensioner, bolts, cam cover gasket, etc + additional aux belt change).

During discussions by email, it became apparant that the gent I was talking to was the Service Manager of Holiways Newton Ayecliffe, but I had stated in my original email that I wanted the work done at Holiways Durham, my local branch.

I expected to be 'handed off' but instead, Jeff offered to fully arrange the booking with the Durham Branch ........ a nice touch.

On the day, the car was picked up at 08:30 (exactly as arranged) by a pleasant & friendly gent (not a young lad driving my car, as I was dreading lol!). I got a call later in the day to ask if I wanted my water pump changed while the engine was stripped down. I politely declined and the service manager was not pushy.

The car was delivered back home at 17:45.

A tad expensive (as we all expect from a Ford Main Dealer), but a reliable, knowledgeable and friendly service - worth paying for.

Cheers.

:cool: sounds like nice service. It still amazes me that people advertise contact emails and then don't monitor or reply!? Might as well create an auto-response saying "If you don't call us we don't want your business"

red said:
:cool: sounds like nice service. It still amazes me that people advertise contact emails and then don't monitor or reply!? Might as well create an auto-response saying "If you don't call us we don't want your business"

I know, it's crazy!

I don't take issue with businesses that choose not to have an email, and like people to call them... but there are so many businesses that advertise email / webforms and then never reply.

The worst I find are remapping companies. Emailed loads of them in the past (when I owned TDI cars) and usually never got a reply....

in this world where its currently so hard to survive running a small business, it's really stupid neglecting people who want to give you business!

Anyway, all good where Holiways are concerned in this regard :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back