Halfords for cambelt change ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quest63

I rang a Halfords service centre this morning to get a quote for a cambelt change for a 1.7 Puma. A member quoted as paying £180 at a different branch so I thought I'll give em a ring.

It all went OK for the good morning sir bit but rapidly went to shi* when he asked if it was a diesel, and that was the Manager

Facepalm.jpg

I went into a Ford garage once to enquire about a simple oil change and the first question they asked was if my Puma was a petrol or a diesel.

:pinkeye:

Actually - I found my old comment on the matter! - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2363&p=164498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's a good idea Quest, I'd use him for mine if we could persuade him to do a cambeltathon :lol:

quest63 said:
I rang a Halfords service centre this morning to get a quote for a cambelt change for a 1.7 Puma. A member quoted as paying £180 at a different branch so I thought I'll give em a ring.

It all went OK for the good morning sir bit but rapidly went to shi* when he asked if it was a diesel, and that was the Manager
what branch as i deliver to a few,so i can wind the guy up if its a customer of mine.

How about Wolverhampton? Top Gear Automotive...

Is that near Zumba ? I was hoping for something in Manchester really, dont want to be stuck somewhere if theres any probs

what branch as i deliver to a few,so i can wind the guy up if its a customer of mine

Middleton

Theres something about the way you refer to them that ever so slightly puts me off, I cant quite put me digit on what it is though :lol:

Carters of Chapeltown, Sheffield.

They did mine in 2007 & again a couple of weeks ago. err can't remember how much it was as I had a couple of other things done too. But definitlely know what they're doing.

Back