Halfords for cambelt change ?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had thought about Carters myself, as it's 2 mins from my house, but I just presumed they would be expensive

oh god halfwits. sorry halfords do worry me! seen them trying to change puma headlight bulbs without taking the units out, he must have been faffing around 20mins for one bulb!

Only thing I get from there, is tools and consumables, halfords a load of plonkers! :grin:

Carters of Chapeltown, Sheffield.

Thanks for the tip but there are any number of Ford Garages nearby who should be able to do a cambelt change competently(or should be) , its just the £70 ph thats imo sucks like a tornado in the semi finals of a sucking competion.

and you could always camp over at mine if there were any probs

Thank you, I'm sure the rumours of your infamous quiche are just cruel exagerations :grin:

halfords a load of plonkers!

Technically its a gaggle of plonkers :thumbs:

It could very well be thats where I will end up,at least they are happy to do it with parts I supply which saves a bit (£50 apr) and if someone potentially wrecks my engine Fords is defo the place I want to be to get a new one free of charge.

The thing is theres got to be a decent alternative option in Manchester, I means its not a little village

Puma Babe said:
My quiche is pretty good but my chicken tikka masala is better :)
Puma Babe said:
thats £211 for labour
£109.56 for parts

inc VAT
HOW MUCH!? Not even Heston charges that much for a Tikka Masala. :-D

thats £211 for labour
£109.56 for parts

inc VAT

I had a quote locally from Fords £210 labour + £120 parts and Im pretty sure it was plus vat

although my hearing may have failed when my jaw fell open at the labour quote, my doctor says its a condition called yippeekiayitus

quest63 said:
my doctor says its a condition called yippeekiayitus
I had that once. Doctor gave me a suppository for it; cleared up in a few days.

I think Ford quote 4 3/4 hours for labour and only a highly skilled Ford Technician to do a Puma Cambelt so no wonder labour is high.

I had that once. Doctor gave me a suppository for it; cleared up in a few days.

How dissapointing, you were hoping for a months prescription lol? :grin:

I think Ford quote 4 3/4 hours for labour and only a highly skilled Ford Technician to do a Puma Cambelt so no wonder labour is high

For £70 ph I want Stephen Hawking, and an assistant obviously

quest63 said:
How about Wolverhampton? Top Gear Automotive...

Is that near Zumba ? I was hoping for something in Manchester really, dont want to be stuck somewhere if theres any probs

what branch as i deliver to a few,so i can wind the guy up if its a customer of mine

Middleton
not mine then,i go to the one in hyde,they seem pretty competant but id have a think before letting them do anything on mine.

Dal said:
I think Ford quote 4 3/4 hours for labour and only a highly skilled Ford Technician to do a Puma Cambelt so no wonder labour is high.
Whoever does the job shouldn't affect the price

I was referring to the fact they quote 4 3/4 hours to do the job as the expensive bit, not who does it.

You're correct that as long as it's done correctly, it wouldn't matter who does it. A highly skilled Ford Technicians rate will be the same as a Ford monkey of course.

I'm looking for somewhere around Manchester as well...Evan Halshaw quoted £292, which is obviously Ford techies but also all tensioners, pulleys and belt along with labour...still only want to pay around £240 at the most though!

Which Evans Halshaw gave you that quote?

I recently got re quoted in case I got it wrong total was £368.15
which was £252.00 labour
£116.15 cam belt kit

Which doest include a rocker gasket or auxiliary belt or the fitting of a water pump.

In the end they were prepared to knock £25 off the labour and fit my water pump for free.

I just ordered cambelt kit water pump and auxilliary belt from elsewhere £153.15 but I'm still looking for a good place for fitting.

Oddly the above three items were ordered via eay at that price,when I emailed their business direct thinking it would be cheaper as they wouldnt be paying ebay fees they took 4 days to get back to me with a quote that was £100 more expensive MAD!

Back