Halfords Headlight Bulbs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonB

Hi Folks, just a quick reminder about the BOGOF headlight bulbs at Halfords.
The book instore is wrong!! saw that here, but I forgot. :oops:
You need 9005/HB3 for dipped and main ( not 9006/HB4 ).
I have just put extremes on the dipped and supers on the main, can't wait to get out of my streetlit 30mph hell and try them now.
Jon.

Which ones did you get Jon? I got the new Extreme Brilliance and tried them and they're amazing compared to standard.

Thread here:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

buy one get one free :grin: £25 for both instead of £50, im happy with that!

and yeah they are a beasting upgrade from the cappy pieces of crappyness thats in as standard lol!

Hi guys.

Can you just confirm the headlamp model?

I've bought the 9006EB HB4 51W for dipped beam and haven't got round to fitting them yet.
I've been back to Halfords after reading your post to check with them and they are adiment I have the right one.

From your original post, I understand I need the 9005 HB3 60W for both dipped and main beam?
The same bulb for both?

Cheers.

Yes, 9005 HB3 for both dipped and main beam. Don't know where they get the 9006 HB4 from in their book.

Ask them to fit them to prove to you they are the right ones. That should be a laugh.

Thanks.

I checked the Ford user manual before checkin back here, an yes as you said HB3 for both.
I called Halfords support to highlight th problem and it sounded like he'd heard this before.
So I'll take them back and and the store should esculate the problem back to HO.

This is really confusing. Especially as the whole light cluster needs to come out, it's not exactlyas toolless 2 second job.

Quite funny when I went inshore this afternoon to check with them though. He asked if these headlamps were originals!! Yeah, you don't kneo then mate. Thanks.

Thanks again matey. Hopefully have it sorted soon, night visability is just so poor. It's my only gripe about the whole car - well tizzing and rusty rear arches. But that really is it.

I bought the Extreme Brilliance ones a couple of years ago. They are way better than standard ones, but I'd keep the old ones anyway.
I got 13 months out of one bulb and 15 months out the other.
I've since bought some Bosch one's and they're great. Only had em a couple of months so not sure on the durability yet.

Latest posts

Back