HCV operation

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireFly90

So theres a Valve that opens and closes that allows hot water to flow into the matrix, however from looking at it when its on i can't tell when its open or closed. If i can see the valve sticking out is on hot or cold? and vise versa

Not sure if this answers your question, but when there is no voltage applied, ie, the engine switched off, or when you want hot air blowing, it is open. When you want cold air blowing, it applies 12v to the solenoid to close the way to the matrix.

Hope this helps

Oh, and the workings are all internal, you can't see the valve from the outside of the hcv.

ewizzy said:
Oh, and the workings are all internal, you can't see the valve from the outside of the hcv.

I can because it's not connected XD i.e. the coolant pipes are bypassed atm. I want to make sure i've got it right with the heater dial so i don't get hot air when its on cold.

Ah, ok..

Well, its default position is open, as there is no voltage supplied to the solenoid.

ewizzy said:
Ah, ok..

Well, its default position is open, as there is no voltage supplied to the solenoid.

How does that relate to whether its on hot or cold?

FireFly90 said:
ewizzy said:
Ah, ok..

How does that relate to whether its on hot or cold?

ewizzy posted above:

"...................... but when there is no voltage applied, ie, the engine switched off, or when you want hot air blowing, it is open. When you want cold air blowing, it applies 12v to the solenoid to close the way to the matrix."

It's plug and play,doesn't matter what the temp setting is set to,just fit it and connect the electrical plug,and then bleed the system,hope your using genuine ford part tho.

martinthrapston said:
It's plug and play,doesn't matter what the temp setting is set to,just fit it and connect the electrical plug,and then bleed the system,hope your using genuine ford part tho.

I might not be, only read about the non genuine stuff well after i got one off ebay, don't need it atm as it's still warm but i'm pretty much broke atm so i can't afford to get a genuine one from Ford =/

Back