Headlight scratches

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lib319

Did I read somewhere that scratches to the exterior of the headlights can be treated with t-cut?

hi,

i currently have 2 sets of headlights for the puma... i am gonna try a proper refurb on my spare set to get them crystal clear again.

i've not tried this before but i have all the equipment and materials to do it, so if i suceed in doing both pairs would you be interested in buying the refurbed lenses off me and giving me your old lenses??

Cheers

Tim

I had a go at this today but not with much result. didn't even take out the smallest scratches. if anything it's now little misty.

My headlights aren't perfect but when i wash and polish my car, i just give them a quick polish too and they come out ok. I'm not one for perfection though, i've got too many stone chips and marks to worry about that :lol:

tiwe98 said:
hi,

i currently have 2 sets of headlights for the puma... i am gonna try a proper refurb on my spare set to get them crystal clear again.

i've not tried this before but i have all the equipment and materials to do it, so if i suceed in doing both pairs would you be interested in buying the refurbed lenses off me and giving me your old lenses??

Cheers

Tim

I'll let you know, if I get a decent result with cleaning mine I'm minded to leave as is.

yea, to be honest i really don't think any type of product that you use by hand is gonna do anything.

i've refurbed all my lenses now with very good results. probably got rid of about 80% of the stonechips/defects, though the spare pair were my guinea pig ones so i will have to redo them as i didnt do quite as good a job finishing them off...

Back