Heater control knobs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardmonkeys

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct section, apologies if not..on our Puma, when we change the direction of air...EG...windscreen, floor and front...the knob turns but it just clicks, I have removed the radio to have a look behind to see what's happening, followed the cable down to under the dash/passenger footwell,and it doesn't seem to do anything, the cable just flexs then springs back..

Does it flex at the panel side or heater side? It might be that the wire has goten bent, or one of the flaps in the heater has goten stick...

martinthrapston said:
Have you tried using another control knob as it might be broken

The control knob turns the cogs behind the panel, so I'm sure it's fine, will double check tomorrow though.

Cartman said:
Does it flex at the panel side or heater side? It might be that the wire has goten bent, or one of the flaps in the heater has goten stick...
It tries to move the 'lever' at the side...but it doesn't move

Sounds like how mine ended up. Unfortunately, it's a dashboard out job to sort...

Sadly, it's a lot of work for a small problem, but the plastic bearings on the flaps inside the ventilation box seize up. You have to remove the dashboard to get to the box. Then you have to unclip the front of the box and then split it in half to take it all apart. Frankly, it's a pig of a job!

Back