heater control led modification

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobsidlow

hi,

i have done the blud led modification to the interior plus glovebox light and extra boot light but i have come to the limits of my expertise

the heater control panel switches leds (air flow and ac) are standard white and yellow, i have tried to replace with a blue led however my soldering skills are not up to scratch

would someone on the forum be able to help me out if i post the part, leds and some solder and of course a nominal fee :)

thanks

bob

I'll help if you want as I've changed the LEDs for the buttons on mine.

I'll PM you on here first as there is something I need to check with you first....

senate could you post a picture of what your finshed mod looks like?

Blimey... that looks rather..... blue!

Looks good thought. Nice to have it all the same colour.

That heater panel looks the nuts!! :cool:

since then i have put blue on the black plastic bits on door (back of wing mirror cover, speaker cover and window switches surround) pedal covers aluminium with blue stripes

put the neon switch in the side of centre console rather than hanging oh and shined up me knob with wait for it......... blue on symbols and red R (must remember to take a photo :) )

not intentional but cos the black front of the surround had to be removed and then stuck back on the blue light leaks out the top creating a blue line between the stereo surround and the heater unit which i think makes it even better

think it is fair to say you did a fantastic job :grin:

now i have worked out how to put photos up maybe i should start a project thread?

A more 'close up' view from when I made it.....

Blue_6_zpsd96e2fff.jpg

The ciggie lighter was fitted to the panel to try and match the newer type panels

Latest posts

Back