Hello from someone looking after a Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattchubb1

Hiya everyone,

So as the title says I currently have a Ford Puma 1.7 sat on my drive, which I am looking after on behalf of my brother in law who is based in London.

He's asked me to sell it for him so I'm currently making sure its all ready to sell - and a lot of my questions about the car all seemed to come to this website so thought it best to log in :)

I've had the car a month now - its been quite nice to jump into a little car and blast around a bit, but in all honesty I need to concentrate on selling it now.

I've just bought a whole load of service items today so hoping to give it a good service this weekend so that its ready to sell. Have seen some useful links on here on servicing.

Just a quick question - i will post in the Under the Bonnet section - but I noticed on one post that the pollen filter is at the back of the engine - is it under the fuse box unit?

Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt

Open bonnet (obviously!) and you should see it right up in the top, right corner. Above the fusebox, bottom of the windscreen.

Be careful when you undo the clips to open it. They break easily, so don't pull them too far!! :eek:k:

topmansparkie said:
Hi Matt

Open bonnet (obviously!) and you should see it right up in the top, right corner. Above the fusebox, bottom of the windscreen.

Be careful when you undo the clips to open it. They break easily, so don't pull them too far!! :eek:k:

brilliant thanks for this - had a quick look tonight but it was in the dark :) kinda lifted the top of a black box at the back of the engine bay and noticed some fuses so decided to stop and go online, hopefully i can look at it more on Friday when im working from home in the afternoon :)

Look behind the fusebox and to the left a bit, it's under the shelf that the wiper spindles mount to, and behind the plastic bulkhead at the back of the engine bay.

Peter said:
Look behind the fusebox and to the left a bit, it's under the shelf that the wiper spindles mount to, and behind the plastic bulkhead at the back of the engine bay.

hhmmm sounds like a pig to get to.... well not as easy as my Vectra pollen filter which I managed to change in about 30 seconds :)

As far as I remember it's not too bad, the box has a flap on the front which you unclip then the filter slides in or out.

Make sure that you don't have the fan running when you change the filter, or you'll end up sucking all sorts of crap into the fan at the worst possible moment!

Peter said:
As far as I remember it's not too bad, the box has a flap on the front which you unclip then the filter slides in or out.

Make sure that you don't have the fan running when you change the filter, or you'll end up sucking all sorts of crap into the fan at the worst possible moment!

excellent thanks

I have circled the pollen filter for you :eek:k:

pollenfilter.jpg

welcome along and hope it goes well :D

Zara said:
I have circled the pollen filter for you :eek:k:

[picture snipped]
*looks below the filter location*

[thread hijack]
Oooo... are Puma battery covers a FRP standard thing, or an aftermarket extra?
[/thread hijack]

Latest posts

Back