Hello there from Leeds

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicy 666

Hi there! I’m Pete and I reside in Leeds. Purchased my First Puma last week and I think I already know ill have this one for a while as I love it to bits. My other car is a 1991 Sierra XR4x4 which I love with all my heart but she was costing me far too much money to run to and from work every day so she is going to go away for a bit until I have a house to take her to and a garage so I can start a full refurb to get her as close to brand new condition and use as a weekend/show car. But anyway back to the Puma!!

She is a 2002 Puma Thunder in Magnum Gray
169k miles but I have all service receipts and Mot’s since 2005 and a few receipts from before then also

Main problems are:
Rust on the arches as normal and a fair few bits of surface rust around the drivers door and inner sill and a few bits dotted around on the bonnet and wings which I hope ill be able to sand back and treat without too much trouble.

The CD Multichanger just doesn’t seem to like CD’s so Im going to swap it for the Sony unit I have in the Sierra

The Alternator belt has just started squealing so going to get that fixed pretty soon and next year ill get the Cam Belt changed as she is probably due one

Other than those bits she is in really good nic and just needs a good clean/detail (one of my hobbies) and she will be perfect.

Plans for it is to just clean it up and get her ready for the winter and then next year look at sorting all the rust out and sealing all the problem area’s so as to hopefully stop her from getting more rusty and then possibly lower her a bit so she fills the arches a bit better. Other than that im pretty happy just leaving her as she is for now as the performance for me is pretty good and after driving a 2.9 V6 for 5 years that’s saying something

Ill post a few pics of her in a bit after I have taken some

So Basically Hello and I hope to speak to you guys v soon and if anyone has any advice for things I could do that would be brill

Thanks for reading

Pete (AKA Juicy 666)

Welcome along Pete - you've got the best colour there in my opinion :eek:k:

Back