HELP! intermittent heat after replacing hcv.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjh2888

Hi guys. Hoping some of you good people may be able to help me. Around 2 weeks ago my hcv gave way and poured coolant all over the exhaust manifold and floor (which I thought was my car on fire at first) however it turned out it was just that old that the plastic lug the heater pipe goes onto had snapped off and was very brittle. Got rac out, bodged the 2 pipes together and got me going. Couple of days later I bought a new hcv and replaced it. However since replacing the heat seems to work intermittently, mainly, working while driving, and not when stopped. I thought it may be an airlock, so topped the fluid bottle up and left the lid off while running but still seems to be doing the same thing. Any imadvuce on what the causes may be or what to look for? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Not that it might matter but did you buy a genuine HCV? There used to be reports that pattern parts weren't great.

Cheers for the help guys. Think it may have ben the fluid leve/ airlock. Heater works now and gets hot. Just not cold now :-/

Latest posts

Back