Help Needed! Driver's Window and Boot.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkmoo

Hi,

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with issues now so need your help!

My drivers window does not work at all - we brought a new switch but that was obviously not the problem as it still doesn’t work and is completely dead - any ideas?

Also my boot stopped unlocking a few weeks ago. When you unlock the car you can't hear it at all and even when you put the key in the lock there is nothing there. I don’t even know how to manually release it, what it could be or anything really - help???

And to finish my questions off, I posted a question about my passenger footwell being soaking wet and was told it could be a worn gromit - how do I get to it to replace it?

Sorry for the long list and thank you in advance to anyone that can help!

Cath.

The window, is there any noise when you push the button? The windows have a habbit of coming out of the runner that guides the glass. It could be that. Other than that, could be the motor, or a fuse?

Boot sounds liek either the solenoid, which releases the catch, or maybe the contacts between the boot and the bootlid anrt talking to each other. They get dirty and that stops the signal. As for some sort of manual release, i would assume there must be something. I dont actually know though. I would imagine it would be under the plastic but you could have to come at it from inside the car with the back seats lowered. Im just guyessing there though.

the grommit is just a case of pulling back the carpet i think. you should be able to see it.

Hope that helps.

Back