*HELP NEEDED* Ignition barrel buggered!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus000

Went to start it this morning, key won't move past 2nd click.

Have removed black plug on left side of steering column to turn ignition manually but immobiliser won't allow car to start.

Already 30 mins late for work and need to drive to Cranwell on Monday, urgent help needed!

EDIT: Should point out it's deffo not the steering lock, that locks / de-locks as normal.

Now even more buggered.

Whilst attempting to turn the ignition plug on the left side on the steering column, I've now broken the plastic mould piece that the key slides into so even if I free up the barrel, there's nothing there to actually turn now.

Any idea if that black plug is the same on all cars or does that contain the immobiliser transponder etc? :(

Can't be fixed because it's really brittle plastic, needs a new black plug soldering on I think.

FFS! :evil:

Right, have ordered a replacement ignition switch to swap over with my knackered one:

Just need to work out what to do with the barrel now.

If I get a new barrel / key, presume it's going to have to go off to to get re-programmed for my immobiliser (ouch)?

Quick one, how do I reove the ignition barrell from the steering column?

Sending it away to be fixed rather than dicking around buying a new barrell, key and reprogramming it all etc.

Aaah my bad, that's an old work account I don't have access to anymore!

Will update it now! :oops:

EDIT: Done :)

Back