Help required to locate a good or new heat shield

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frp483

Hi I am currently half way through undertaking a restoration the the rear underside of my racing puma 483, it not bad to be honest, however I am now facing an issue with regards to the second to last heat shield on the car (the one that goes over the boot floor cross member) as normal the rot worm has set in, and although it's in one piece it's not up to the job any more really, it's fins code 1054182 and ford UK no longer have any. So I am looking for either a good second hand one, (tall order) or if there is any body on the site in other parts of Europe who could possibly check if they are still available at there local ford dealer where they live, it's a massive ask but if successful I will make it worthwhile.

Alan

moondustka said:
[post]347068[/post] Hi Alan,

This migh be a stupid question; have you tried fordpartsuk.com?

Ben

It's NLA from Ford so FPUK can't get one either. As 483 said, best hoping there is one somewhere in Europe. I've got one but its for my FRP restoration.

tuonokid said:
[post]347098[/post] Hi James
Have I got the right one here from you?
Barry

The one I gave you is the one 483 is after, but it's rotted through by the mounting home from memory

Hi Alan
Are you after a brand new immaculate one or will a second hand one do? As James said the one that I have has slightly rotted holes but it's really easy to cut a repair washer out of aluminium which will hold it in place.
Barry
As this

Latest posts

Back