Heres my project (well the start of it)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troyster

Hi all thought id post my baby up here but dont expect to much to start with as im no where near been a machanic also work and cash flow is slow lol

But heres a few pics of her and I will tell ya as i go on what im going to be doing to her.

1.JPG

Say hello to my little friend lol

First job for her is the front bearings and front discs and pads in the next week or 2.

2.JPG

Will be giving her a full service and a good clean up plus a lot more :lol:
There is a noise coming from the engine that im not to sure about so will upload the video to youtube and post it at the bottom any advise will be great :eek:
3.JPG

Not much to say here, i want leather seats a start button and blue lights instead of the red.
4.JPG

Again will do this work as i go but need it on the road asap first so all machanics to be done first.

5.JPG

And theres me cant wait to get started but no parts yet :-(
Plus I promised the other half Id put new discs and pads on hers first :roll:

6.jpg

Will put the video on i spoke about in a bit bloody phone is on 1

Heres the video i was telling you about if you can hear it let me know what ya think

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjTxzfUPeCI[/youtube]

Oh great just my luck that, not on the road yet was gonna work on it first is there owt i can check before doing all the work?

I would start with the basics oil level and oil and filter change 5w30 iirc :thumbs:

maybe an engine flush as well

Yeah think ill do that this weekend, got to say it was stood for 6 months and never started in that time either but did drive quite well after been stood so long.
Will do the service and let you know any change :grin:

And engine flush if oil is metallic
Thanks

I did mine son after I got it and although I didnt have any particular problems the oil was fooked, the worse I have ever seen, like well knackered frying oil. I didnt have any visable metal but I think I could have had a lot of fine metal in there wearing the engine away without even being able to see it.

I wish I had got a magnetic plug as well but will next time

The few magnetic plugs I have seen that have a load of metal stuck to them, the metal has been more like dust than chunks, or grains albeit dust glued together with oil

Latest posts

Back