Hey Everyone

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomper87

At the moment I don't own a Puma :-(

but hopefully that will be changing in the next week or so.

am going to have a look at one tonight and a have found out i need to check the rust on the rear arches and the cam belt.

but been a n00b when it comes to car mechanics i was wondering how can you tell if the cam belt needs changing or has been changed? just the person who is selling it hasn't had it done and they are the 2nd owner and are unsure if it has been done in the past.

its a 2000 (W) , 1.7i, 90,700 miles on the clock. £1k

is there anything else I should be looking for?

cheers in advance :-D

forgot to say £1k is my budget :)

Welcome to the forum :)

Cambelt should be changed every 5 years / 80k miles, I'm not sure if you can tell if it's been done so if there was no paperwork to back up a change I'd look at getting asap yourself.
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=9116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some newbie info
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The buyer's guide http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

Alreet there!!

is that you Craig? I had a message bt it wasn't delivered lol

Welcome to the forum :D

Hi Zara

yea its me al try resending it :-D

cheers for the welcome

thanks for the links badger_ ave had a look at them as well and got some more things to ask when a go to see the car

lol glad you joined!!

there's shed loads of info on here, think I told you last night about the FAQ section :) its well worth a read and print out

which Puma is it your going to see?

good look with you search dont be tempted to go straight in for the 1st Puma you see there are some good examples out there still even within a 1k budget so all id stress is patients

Ive already pointed a few put for Craig including the Milly - hes not keen lol said its too bright

sure he'll find a good decent one for sure :) ;)

I have been looking at a couple the milly is lush but a bit to bright for me lol.

I have been to look at one this evening £950 2000 (w) reg 1.7 90,700 miles on clock there is some slight bubbling on the rear wheel arch but engine sounds sweet as a nut and the inertia is is fantastic condition the woman who was selling it has just been using it as a run around so has been well looked after

am buzzing :) :thumbs: :thumbs:

a pick it up tomorrow after i have been to the bank to get the cash lol.

a forgot to say its taxed till july and mot till sept

picked her up at half 6 tonight and just got home what a fantastic car to drive :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

cheers just drove to work an my god a cant remember the last time i enjoyed driving so much. this has defo put the fun back in to driving whoop whoop!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Back