Hi... And probably a stupid question!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger

Hi,

Thinking of buying my first Puma as looking for a bit of a project car.
Seen a few nice(ish) ones around but have an odd question... can air-con be retro fitted? And if it can how much faff is it?

Thank you in advance for all the help you guys will no doubt end up giving me in the not too distant future

Tiger xxxxx

I personally think you would be better buying a Puma with Air Conditioning already fitted. It would be a massive job and a massive flaff to retro fit an Air Conditioning system. Some of the piping is hard to remove from a donor car without braking the parts.

Buying new parts isn't really worth it as its over £3000.00 in parts.

Its just a car I'm looking at, everything else id doable but getting someone to answer a simple question is proving a challenge.

Thanks for the advice though, time to keep looking... unless anyone knows if a 2001 1.7I is likely to have aircon?

If its got the Lux pack fitted then it has aircon and a few other extras like heated front windscreen which is well worth having

if you have never had one before dont under estimate the ford heated windscreen!

plus in this second hand car market the is next to no difference in price between one with lux pack and without. id be more worried about a good service history and check the clutch and bushes arent bolloxed

I have had 11 years of heated front screen ownership and have probably used it 3 times! I think it depends on your circumstances (I keep my car garaged overnight)

Mine must be the only one I've ever seen with a passenger airbag the person who bought it new must have been feeling flush!

oilburner said:
Mine must be the only one I've ever seen with a passenger airbag the person who bought it new must have been feeling flush!

More likely a personal import.

My 1.7 I bought in Belgium in 2000 with full UK spec, but the additional airbag included as it was standard in Eurpoe.

If I recall correctly UK List was about £15,000 and my import, all taxes paid came in at £11,000

I looked at the paperwork when I brought my puma an mine was also imported from Ostende in belgium, also in 2000! :grin:
It has the passenger airbag an also my sisters puma has one.

Back