Hi, newbie here

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macatac

:grin: Hi everyone, im a newbie on here and im looking forward to chatting with fellow puma lovers.
I went to a showroom today to look at a 1.7 Puma and i took it for a test drive, and i absolutely loved it.
I got back to the showroom and put down a deposit and i will be paying the remainder off in around 4-5 weeks time and then picking up my great car.
It is secondhand, but in new like condition. Its had 1 previous owner and done 73000 miles and got 7 service stamps in the book.
The year of reg is 1997 and its a beautiful red colour. There is not a mark on the car and a credit to the previous owner. He traded it in for a Tigra. God only knows why!
Anyhow, will catch up with you all again soon.
Dave

Hey Ho and welcome to the site... deffo best choice to make with the 1.7 :D

Welcome Dave!

Nice upgrade in the car department :D

Hi Dave :)

Welcome to the site!

Hopefully you'll find all the info you need but if not just ask!!

Red looks amazing when polished up.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Woke up this morning and first thing on my mind was my Puma. Ive still at least 5 weeks to wait before collecting it. Thats how long its going to take me to raise the outstanding balance.
Wow, what a difference its going to be driving the Puma after driving an old 306 diesel.
The Puma has the lux pack, air con, heated front screen multi-change cd player. Its the works!!
Rang my car insurance to see what difference there would be in my monthly payments and to my surprise its only going up by £10 per month until May, when it should be cheaper again when i get another years no claim bonus. Ive been driving for 23 months, and im fully comp and pay only £245 per year. Great price for newish driver, and driving such a lovely car as the Puma. My first car was a Fiat Punto Mia 1.2 and my insurance the first year was £550.

5 weeks :shock:

Yeah 306's are sheds, my wife had a 1.4 XL and it was horrid.

I cant ever see my insurance being that low lol. I've 7 years no claims and the insurance on my 1.7 Puma is about £600

Maybe it would be worth your while contacting Quinn Direct and getting a quote from them. I cant grumble at all with what i pay them. Any other insurance companies i have ever had quotes from for previous cars were way higher. Im more than happy to stay with Quinn.

£245 for fully comp? Sounds iffy to me, its quite a high insurance group id be amazed if it was that cheap. Welcome anyway!

Ive just been on confused.com and put in for a quote, fully comp and got a quote from an insurance company i have never used, it came up at £350 and that was with a 1yrs no claim bonus. Still not bad, but will stick with my current insurer, like i say, they are really good. My current policy however does not give you a courtesy car or replacement windscreen cover.
The new quote was from Done Deal

How old are you if you dont mind me asking? Im 24 and i really struggled this year to find anyone, eventually managed to get one for £550 with Adiran Flux, that was with the discount from being a member here.

Dont mind at all, im 46yrs old, but only passed my driving test in feb 2007. Passed 1st time with just 2 minors, was just a late learner. Moved to rural area where bus runs every 2 hrs and last bus comes through village at 6-30pm. It made me decide to learn to drive.

Must be your age and maybe your postcode, i live in a council/ex council estate, so not so good.

No they arent the same

from memory.. 1.4 is group 9 and 1.7 is group 12 unless special edition in which case can be 13 or 15 for the FRP

Hello and Welcome!

I think the price I got on my FRP was quite good for insurance!

Im 22, 5 years no claims £410!

Sometimes they dont understand what the FRP is though, you 100% they knows its an FRP and not just a 1.7?

Latest posts

Back