HID again, have anyone update the projector lense to HID

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice,

How good is the finnal result?
Did you take before/after picture of it?
How hard is it to do?
Is there bigger change to pass the MOT test?
How did you do it? step by step

I red some on the HIDplanet the link
That I needed to messure the light and compare it with a tabel of oem hid other car reflectors that came with HID. I got a little bit comfused about what needed to be messured.

What parts/hid so on did you buy?

yeap a lot of questions :--) just looking for a new project, its great to know its done before.

Thanks

Luckily for the puma it has projector lenses already so you dont need to worry about light refraction. you will need to cut holes in the back of the light fixings any decent conversion kit will come with a gromet to fill the hole as the wires will need to come through they are pretty straight forward only down side on the puma is if you have a standard battery below 360 amps you will have trouble powering the ballasts. although HID's use less running power they use more power to get them started

fitting will take about an hour you gonna need a spanners and wrenches possibly a drill to mount the ballasts and something to cut holes in the back of the light fixings ( i used the in car ciggarette lighter) also there are wiring relays these are really needed on these cars as they are mainly used to cure flicker which the puma wont suffer from but theis can help if one light dones not fire up correctly

Kit Needed is for HB3 lights

let me know when you get the kit I can Post pics of mine if need be

So you didnt do anything about the reflectors? Only fittet the HID set?
The puma is buildt for halogen light thats the resone why I wanna add a projector that is origonal build for HID. The halogen reflector reflect the light from the HID the wrong way and therfor end up by dazzel people

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw[/youtube]

Pumas have projector lenses without reflector the is no need to get alternate bulbs or block out any light the original lense will be fine no mod is necessary just fit the bulbs

with the HID the light follows the same beam pattern just brighter do to no refelctors there is nothing to worry about on that front

Mine were fited last July nad has passed its M.O.T with flying colours

I will wait till its dark and take some picks so you can see

So the lights are in some way made for HID ? They dont blend people?
okay, I trust you :)
udate wich kit you choosed, there are so many to choose between HB3 lights.

The Kit I got was a Cheapo one of Ebay I was Sceptical as to wether it was worth it so got a budgte kit for £150

I have heard the phillips n Hella kits are good but so are many others just avoid any from china as they will work but not for long (also be careful with bosch kits most seem to be fakes)

have done a few other since i done mine, best thing to get is a kit with a digital ballast and not a magnetic one as the digital ones last longer although the both last years

also make sure the colour bulb you choose is legal a clear to a slight blue tint I have found is best for actually seeing the road and looks good visually but then that down to peronal preference

Do you have HID on both low beam/ high beam ?
Thanks for the pictures Larry Leadfoot, it helped.

Found this one it cost 100 pound phillips hid sett. Is it worth it?

Xenon kit with m / Phillips technology. Kitene is of very good quality and the best delivered by the xenon kit. Comes with 2 pcs Digital "Canbus-killer" ballasts, 2 xenon bulbs, cables, monteringsbrakket and instructions for use.

Bulb type: 9005
Ballasts: 35Watt Digital Canbus
Voltage: 9-32V
Type: Ombyggningskit
Comes in box
E-mark

All our HID kit is CE-marked, E26-mark and ISO 9001:2000 approved.

All our kit is CANBUS-kit and gives no error message. And that this is a completely different way. Cheaper kit provides radio interference (ie radio breaking when you have the xenon lights) and can be harmful to other components in your car.

Our xenon kits are tested for:

Tested for short circuit
Waterproofing
Dust density
Radio Noise
6-hour vibration test
Hot / cold test. Has been tested up to 105 ° C down to -15 ° C
EMC anti-jamming test

We recommend to 35W fog lights and daytime running lights. Langlys to go for 55W if you want extremely light, but we do note that 55W requires a few seconds longer tennetid than 35W do.

Our HID kit can be used in mc, car and truck when our kit withstand voltage in the range 9-32V

Click here to see what bulb your car uses: http://www.pal-guide.com/index.php?lc=no_no" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 years on the ballast is that good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370349027115&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160412998754&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also thinking of refit this

3162_0.JPG

wischanlage1.jpg

Hi guys,
I have Ford Puma 1998 1.7 engine. I want to buy HID projectors for headlights, but I'm not sure which ones will fit.
Can you please suggest me some or send me a link from ebay/aliexpress or maybe original part number?

Thanks in advance!

Back