Hillman Avenger rally car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbushrat

This is my avenger that I built with my dad not used her for a year or so but going to get her on the road again this year.
S8000378.jpg

Old engine 98bhp at the wheels.
S8000383.jpg

But fancied more power and 5 gears so in went this.
Photo0142.jpg

Home made engine mounts.
Photo0306.jpg

Photo0307.jpg

Anglia manifold and retro ford water rail.
Photo0356.jpg

Ninja carbs and borgg manifold.
Photo0355.jpg

Bmw alloy rad.
Photo0193.jpg

How she looks now.
22052011336.jpg

Spec is standard 1800 zetec with the bike carbs should be about 160bhp car weighs 850k
Type 9 box with short shift.
Lsd
Front billys
Spax rear

You know whats really nice about "proper" cars?

No bloody plastic bits stuck all over the body work, just plain, simple paintwork.....looks so much better than all the modern cloned rubbish and you can recognise what they are from miles away.

Nice one :thumbs:

I had a tasteful brown one with a 1 inch rainbow stripe and some chrome astra wheels that didnt actually fit.

Boy I was cool back then :grin:

My Hunter GLS had a complete wolf fur lined interior and moons and stars on the bodywork.......we were sooo cool back then :grin:

looks great...I had an orange Hillman avenger 1600 gt in the 80's...I loved it :cool:

It's not a bad little car. Just need to build the puma rallycar then I will have the time to put her back on the road.

Nice. The wife always wanted a Avenger Tiger.

My classic project is coming on well, should be finished in the next couple of months.

Mine should weight about 625Kg and have 125 bhp from a 908cc engine.

Hi,
My parents had a driving school and ran two Hillman Imps they were quite reliable with regular maintainance both reached over a 100,000 miles without engine or gearbox trouble, not even a decoke on the heads. I think this was the exception rather than the rule.
I also had an Imp and then upgraded to a Californian. (fastback coupe version) with all the usual ,lowered suspension, alloys,spacers, engine mods, front rad etc. Wish I still had them now.
Regards
Richard.

Back