horn wiring

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkie

my horn has recently stopped working... i do have an aftermarket speering wheel fitted and it has always worked no problem but suddenly its just stopped...

iv removed the old unit and it was only connected by 1 wire which i assume is a live wire, is there supposed to be an earth coming off the horn too or it is earthed elsewhere? there looks to be another terminal on the horn for an earth but theres no connector on it like there is for the live but im not sure if its snapped off or if there should even be one... im going to try the unit off the battery with some wire to see if the unit has failed but i just wondered about the wires...

oh and i cannot see and other wires around the area that could be for the earth so im assuming there isnt one off of it i just need confirmation...

thanks in advance :)

Sorry I can't help but you reminded me that I need a new horn.

Some git cut me off the other day so I belted the horn hard to be only squeaked back. Felt like a right dickhead with my mouse squeaking horn.....I bet the bloke was pissing himself laughing....I know I was so it was a diffuser for the situation...lol.

clarkie said:
my horn has recently stopped working... i do have an aftermarket speering wheel fitted and it has always worked no problem but suddenly its just stopped...

iv removed the old unit and it was only connected by 1 wire which i assume is a live wire, is there supposed to be an earth coming off the horn too or it is earthed elsewhere? there looks to be another terminal on the horn for an earth but theres no connector on it like there is for the live but im not sure if its snapped off or if there should even be one... im going to try the unit off the battery with some wire to see if the unit has failed but i just wondered about the wires...

oh and i cannot see and other wires around the area that could be for the earth so im assuming there isnt one off of it i just need confirmation...

thanks in advance :)

There is only a live wire going to the horn. The bracket holding the horn acts as the earth when bolted to the car. Might be worth cleaning up the bracket and mounting position to get a good earth. Horns are pretty cheap if it is U/S.

yea thought as much.. cheers dude... and yip. how you think i feel i aint even got a horn at all lol not even a squeek i just have to shout out the window and use gestures lol i must look like a right thug driving round haha

Haha... can imagine. I still shout and gesture even with a horn...lol.

Been looking at a pair of replacement air horns myself and most have 2 connectors to them. Anyone know if these will still work ok as I see above the normal one has live via the bracket.

I fitted a NAUTILUS COMPACT SERIES (twin tone air horn), back in 2008.
Have a look here on Pumapeople (you'll need to sign in):
http://www.pumapeople.com/wiki/index.php?title=Louder_Horn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i wanna fit a compressor in the boot and fit a train horn :twisted: that will teach the buggers for cuttin me up haha

Latest posts

Back