Radio Code

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo Puma

Hi guys, I have a problem with the radio of my Puma, it asks me for the security code, I enter the code and it looks like it unlocks for a moment (you can see at the display the current station) but all of a sudden it asks me for the code again and it shows that it is the first try. If I enter any other code it doesn't unlock and it shows me that is the second try, so I assume thet the code I have is the correct one for this radio unit.

I have tried in any key position and the same happens, except when I try having the key out that the current sation on the display stays on all the time but the radio doesn't work at all and as soon as I put the key back and I move it in any other position the radio asks me for the code again.

I dont' know what is going on here, I guess that the radio unit has an internal problem but I would like to know what you guys think.

By the way the radio is a 5000 series.

Thank you.

IIRC you have hold down the last button (6?) for the code to be entered, are you doing this?

Are you doing this to enter the code?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwPWpBgq_-I

"I try having the key out that the current sation on the display stays on all the time but the radio doesn't work at all and as soon as I put the key back and I move it in any other position the radio asks me for the code again."

If it's remembering/displaying the station with the 'key out' then the code must be right and you are unlocking it, Could the ignition live and permanent live be the wrong way round? would that give those symptoms?

Hi, I just solved the problem guys. The radio has two earth cables, one of them was cut, as soon as I repaired the cable the radio accept me the code and it is working now.
It also had the cable that goes to the GEM unit cut, but even tough I reapaired it too it didnt't work until I repaired the earth.

Your English is fine, (much better than my Spanish :lol: ) we say earth too, glad you got it sorted. :grin:

Latest posts

Back