How do you correctly insert door card clips?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anarki

Hi, I will post in the newbie thread at some point :)

I recently purchased a Puma and noticed the drivers side door card was rattling/loose. So I ordered some replacement door card clips from ebay which were described as a replacement to the OEM Ford ones but they honestly don't seem to fit correctly.

This is how I approached the job: with the door card completely removed I pulled out all 8 clips from the door card (some came out whole), I then went and got rid of the remaining bits of plastic from the door itself.

I then installed the clips as a whole into the 8 sections in the door card and made sure I lined up the bottom ones into the holes in the door and pressed them in as much as I could with a bit of fist bashing the door card (not extremely hard) but some went in and some snapped completely.

I'm now left no better off, the door card still isn't clipped in fully.

Am I doing it wrong? Thanks.

did you use 2-part clips? One part should be fitted in the door and the other fitted to the panel. Then you press them together.

I bought some cheap two piece ones from ebay as well and they were crap so now I use Ford Ka wheel arch clips now (one piece) and they seem to work ok.
Barry

No they're not genuine Ford. I bought them from Wood Autos and all the marking on the packaging is this below.

Panel Ford/VW/BMW
Trim Panel Clips suit Ford/VW/BMW Blac

Pack Qty 50

FIX47

and there is a bar code with the numbers 5 016720 203022

and at the side of the packet there are the numbers MAA208

I hope that helps
Barry

Check the dia of the hole in your door as the clips you ordered are for 10mm holes whereas the ones I got are for 8mm holes.
Barry

Back