I hate scammers!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad

I've been trying to sell a phone on Ebay and have had to relist it twice due to scammers :evil: Well I sold it last night for £2272!

This is the email i received this morning

Hi Pal,
I am Simon Rust that won your item that you list on eBay and am so very happy to won it so i have go through the listing and understand it that is why i bid on it for my son who was schooling in abroad for a agricultural research and so i will contacted PayPal for your money i have went to post office to check the shipping price of the item to my son location in abroad and the lady told me that it will cost me like GBP 50.00 so i will add the money together in the payment so as soon as you receive my payment confirmation from paypal that i have pay i want you to help me to ship the item to my son and i want you to ship the item via ROYAL MAIL FIRST CLASS DELIVERY and here is the shipping address Below
this is the shipping address.
Name: Gbenga Sofolahan
No 10 Olopo Street,
City: Ile Ife
State: Osun State
ZipCode: 234036
+2348051136089
So as soon as you get it ship get me notify
Thanks
Hope To Read From You

Just off to pop it in the post now .............................. yeah right!!

and here's one from the buyer that won the auction before him....

Hello Buddy,
I want you take it to your notice that, the payment confirmation receipt has sent to me from PayPal .. I hope you will have got your payment confirmation from PayPal by now . Pls make sure you wrap this item very well for safety purpose .Pls i really prefer Global Express Mail (EMS) or RoyalMail First Classmail ...... Once again Express Mail nevertheless.
shipping address:

Name: Abimbola Abiola
Address: No 8 Egbeda Str
Odi-Olowo Area
City: Osogbo
State: Osun
Zipcode: 234035
Phone No:234-8059560848

Kindly get back to me with the tracking number asap
Thanks so much and God bless you as you help.

000201B8.gif

:fists:

There's lots of ebay listing now stating "No bids from Nigeria" and with good reason.

Is it a brand new flash phone then Cathy?
(I may be wanting a new one for someones Christmas ;) )

Do they really think people are going to fall for this?

Hopefully ebay will let you relist the phone for free if you report it, as it's not as if it's your fault. Unfortunately, ebay is rife with these things at the moment.

Dal said:

I was going to ask what phone it was, but thought I'd let you do it. ;)

Cherie said:
Dal said:

I was going to ask what phone it was, but thought I'd let you do it. ;)

:lol:

I reported it after the 1st time and I relisted it free of charge. The bidding was coming along nicely then it went from £62 - £2272 in the last minute and thats when the auction ended :shock: Ebay then withdrew my auction as the winning bidder had taken over someone elses identity :twisted: Do these people really think we are going to fall for stuff like this I know I'm mad but come on! :fists:

The phone is a nokia n70 it's in excellent condition but it only has a 2mp camera and I'm greedy and wanted 5mp :D

I always watch my auctions up to the last second these days.

If any dodgy bids go on I go through the bid cancellation asap!!

I know how bloody annoying it is though. It has happened to me more than once selling phones!!

Sorry Cathy, the benefactor of a new phone wants a Sony "walkman" one really.

Good luck with selling it!

I know how annoying it is. In the end I had to auction my phone, not list as buy it now, and vet all of my bidders, and bounce any suspicious ones. After th 3rd listing I sold it.

Latest posts

Back