i have just...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cossiefran

absolutely caned the shit out of this little car of mine on some A roads, very twisty B roads, and leisurely through 2 towns, 46 miles in all, and it made me giggle everytime i went round a corner or roundabout.
just wondered of anybody elses thoughts on how they handle?

Yeah, that's just about right.

My youngest daughter christened mine "Giggles" not only because of the number plate letters (GGS) but "Go faster daddy 'cause we giggle going round the corners"

cossiefran said:
hee hee! im a real powermonger truth be told, i like to slide a bit, but i like this, it might be a keeper for a while

In all honesty I would like more power in the Puma but, realistically, it is a small car that provides a large amount of grin factor at a very low cost. That is its main achievement... you can either modify it to get a bit more power, or can have a sportier car... it all comes at a cost.

For a limited budget I don't think the 1.7 can be beaten for low maintenance, low cost thrills & spills.

I now have something comfortably over 300bhp.

And whilst my car has road presence and brute acceleration, it honestly doesn't have half the 'fun' of either of my Puma. 1.7 or FRP.

crystalpuma said:
expatscot said:
For a limited budget I don't think the 1.7 can be beaten for low maintenance, low cost thrills & spills.

We don't always agree but you're spot on here ;)

Cool. Though I didn't think we had a history of disagreement particularly.. maybe I have missed something.

Gosh yes we butted heads once and I daren't mention it again as we both obviously feel passionate about our respective views!! Although I do know I am right ;)

crystalpuma said:
Gosh yes we butted heads once and I daren't mention it again as we both obviously feel passionate about our respective views!! Although I do know I am right ;)

Hmmm - the climate change/environmental angle.... ? Nah, probably don't disagree as much as you think I just like playing devil's advocate at times for the hell of it... :p

If you're playing devil's advocate you have to come up with real science :p

We ought to stop this on someone else's thread!!

I have to say, I think the Puma has just the right amount of power - enough to ensure it doesn't feel slow.

By contrast, my MINI has nearly 180bhp, and whilst it is fun, it does tend to torque steer, epecially when the turbo kicks in.

i think it needs a bit more...i havent got the means to try this theory, but i reckon this platform could handle more power, maybe a turbo/sc, to about 170-190 bhp then it'd be a proper little tool for pooning around and it'd be a very good sleeper

Back