IDEAS WANTED - Upgrades & Maintenance

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Scotsman

Hey Guys,

Looking for ideas.

Im upgrading my suspension and brakes and putting various other new parts on.
A list of parts is below:

Front Upper & Lower Strut Braces
New Left & Right Wishbones
Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
FRP Alcon Calipers, Disc’s, Pads and Hoses
Magnetic Sump Plug
Full set of Suspension Bushes
New Left & Right Track Rod Ends
New Stabiliser Bars
Focus RS Gear Knob
Ignition Leads
New Cone Filter
New Breather Filter
New Aux Drive Belt

Also considering:
HID’s
AP Coilovers
New Drilled and Grooved Discs for Alcons (maybe)

Also going to do the general, fuel filter, oil change etc

And time for a new exhaust so i’ll stick my Milltek one on for the time being.

But does anyone have any other ideas for upgrading parts, replacing old parts for new or general maintenance??

Mac

Cam belt kit. aux belt tensioner. water pump. check crankshaft oil seal.Thermostat.coilpack.Rocker box gasket.

best upgrade i have done to mine is to change all the bushes to flo flex ones, you can get them on ebay and they are loads cheaper than power flex ones and from what i can make out no different in quality.

Changed cambelt last year, but i'll add the others to the list, cheers.

I have a full set of Flo-Flex on the way already.... i read a review on here which may have been yours, so i thought id give them a try.

well the only tip i will give you is check the front ones are the right size before you drill out the old ones, if someone has put fiesta mk5 wishbones on at some point the puma front bushes are 2mm too small in diameter.

lusid666 said:
well the only tip i will give you is check the front ones are the right size before you drill out the old ones, if someone has put fiesta mk5 wishbones on at some point the puma front bushes are 2mm too small in diameter.

New wishbones on the way also.... putting loads on new parts on.

Changing the Aux pulleys makes a much bigger difference than changing the belt which lasts for years and years...

in particular the tensioner and idler and altenator all knock off some of the engines 'sparkle' over time as the bearings get more worn and dry

have you got a set of alcons? might be able to put a set together for you..

rgds
Chris

el dude said:
Changing the Aux pulleys makes a much bigger difference than changing the belt which lasts for years and years...

in particular the tensioner and idler and altenator all knock off some of the engines 'sparkle' over time as the bearings get more worn and dry

have you got a set of alcons? might be able to put a set together for you..

rgds
Chris

Yeah thats a good idea, changeing the tensioners and pulleys...

I got a set of alcons on the way, cheers

Putting HIDs through a UK MOT could be a problem. The DoT issued new advice on aftrermarket HIDs at the beggining of this year. You might want to check it out.

plasticsniffer said:
Putting HIDs through a UK MOT could be a problem. The DoT issued new advice on aftrermarket HIDs at the beggining of this year. You might want to check it out.

Cheers, I had been warned off them, I just hate it when some overpaid t**t enters my rear view mirror with his audi.... and has better lights than I.... with MOT, You could always ******* ****** ****** the MOT and **** ****** *****.

Sorry but this forum does not support what I would do and so I must not type it.... lol

Regarding the HID's - that's pretty much what I've done in the past. As long as they're not a ridiculously blue colour and they're aimed right, you'll be fine. Just ****** them for the MOT ;)

Latest posts

Back