In for a Service

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah exactly.. seems a bit daft.. i guess just worth checking see what condition they're in.. not sure if a service would do that though

Major service is recommended every 3 years or 30k by the service guide.

@Martin it really depends what their full service includes; different garages include different things and charge different amounts.. i'd probably ring them as John Doe and see what their full service entails.. the air filter is easy to check the plugs shouldnt be too hard but not sure on the other two.

I just had a closer look at the invoice and summary of the work. It does list all the stuff, like oils, fluids and fuel system clean etc. Spark plugs are'nt mentioned. I don't know the history of the car so I don't know when it was last done. But at least I got all the stuff i expected!

The air filter is not listed though. Do agarages have all the many hundreds of air filter types for different cars or something? The K&N ones are very specific to models.

I expect they stock nothing and just phone euro car parts or somewhere similar to get the bits they need on the day.

just got the bill through for the sevice and m.o.t i had last week

made me wish i was a capable spannerman...nearly 300 labour... and 100 vat...disgraceful

had full service
mot
cambelt
front discs
front pads
rocker gasket
rear brake cylinders

all to the sum of 650.....so there goes any new bits for a few months

Im so glad i don't get repair Bills like that..

and i moan at just paying cost of parts. lol

I went for a professional shoot that I won. Looky here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=2235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:eek:k:

Hello

I need an FORD PUMA Tehnical Manual in pdf or doc (english). Who can help me?
Thanks

There's not really a technical document such as the Haynes manual for the Puma unfortunately.

There closest match is the Fiesta MKIV from memory.

There are some illegal copies of the old Ford TIS system but i'm not sure how good it is.

ive had my 2002 puma 1.6 from new ,(just done 35,000 miles!!)and the service intervals are as follows, 1 year or 10,000 miles for a minor service. 2 years or 20,000 miles for another minor service.3 years or 30,000 miles for a major service.the minor service is basically an oil and filter change and a pollen filter change.the major service is an oil and filter change,pollen filter change,air filter change,and spark plug change.plus the usual inspections of brake pads etc..at every service.brake fluid is recommended to be changed at 2 years or 20,000 miles(but its only a recommendation!)i changed mine at 4 years and its been fine.also i changed the fuel filter at 4 years.i used to go to a ford main dealer,but for the last few years me and my mechanic friend have done the servicing,because my local fraud,i mean ford dealer!! is too expensive.ive never kept a car for more than 2 years,until i bought the puma!!!and 6 years later,im still enjoying it!

That's often the case 0161 - people come to pumas, and may stray away, but they often come back ;)

i agree!!if they still made them today,id go and buy a new one ! i keep hoping that somewhere like south africa or mexico would buy the rights to make pumas again,(like they did with the mark 1 golf)then we could import factory fresh pumas to the uk once more!

0161 a reference to manchester? If so liking it.

Going to service mine come payday this month, going to do everything inlcuding fuel filter and spark plugs.

DradusContact said:
0161 a reference to manchester? If so liking it.

Going to service mine come payday this month, going to do everything inlcuding fuel filter and spark plugs.
yes it is !! i thought id use pumaste,but thought theres probably some other pumastes,so i put 0161 in front of it. keep up the good work!everyone should look after their pumas,we want them around for many years to come.! :grin:

Back