Indicator stalk predicament

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinblueprint

My Puma has never self-cancelled turning left. I decided to buy a new indicator stalk off eBay. It's actually from a '97 Puma (mine's 2000).

I fitted it after much struggle, and found everything fine. I come to use the car this evening and find my wipers no longer work!! Argh!

Before I fit the old stalks back (and back to the old fault), what is causing this?! The water spray, front and rear wipers are all unresponsive to the stalks. There can't be THAT much difference between 97 and 2000 can there? The units look the same.

If i remember right, this might have something to do with the intermittent wipe which is present I think on slightly later Pumas, but not on the really early ones.

I could be wrong though, as usual I'll wait patiently till a more experienced member corrects me :D

The problem is most likely the intermittant as Jamie says.

On the early pumas, you get 2 speeds, and that's your lot. On the later pumas (roughly '99 onwards) there was a programmable intermittant. It's this difference that confuses it.

ahh man! Thanks for the insight - I don't know how you know these nuggets of information, but thanks. I'll get down to replacing it BACK now and trying to find a newer replacement.

:(

Yeah - I have just been through the exact same 'trial & tribulation'.... am damn quick at taking that column apart now though ;) Done it so many times.

You will need to get a stalk from a V upwards. The change to the intermittent wipes (to make them programmable) came, I was informed, half-way through T-reg, so they could be either.

I sourced correct stalk for 15 squid from a local breakers yard that I cant praise highly enough.

Have fun.....

Back