Indicators kaput!! Help please!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Arch Bishop

I got halfway to work this morning before noticing that putting the indicators on did absolutely diddly-squat.

The rest of the indicator stalk works properly, but no amount of prodding, goading or strong words have kicked them back into life. There is no sound from the relay.

Any ideas on things I can check during the lunch hour without any tools?! :lol:

Swap the relay with another of the same type, although I think you might need some tools to get to it!

The Arch Bishop said:
[post]347776[/post] Just nipped out to see if the hazards work, and the indicators have fixed themselves...

What's likely -intermittent relay?

Or it's become loose?

The Arch Bishop said:
[post]347776[/post] Just nipped out to see if the hazards work, and the indicators have fixed themselves...
Hazards work, but did you also independently check the left/right indicators in the usual way?

Meantime, manual signal for turning right is arm straight of the window, with the palm facing forward. Left signal is similar, but with your hand/arm rotating slowly in an anti-clockwise direction. :)

Sorry - yes, the hazards and the indicators worked separately.

Frank said:
[post]347784[/post] Meantime, manual signal for turning right is arm straight of the window, with the palm facing forward. Left signal is similar, but with your hand/arm rotating slowly in an anti-clockwise direction.
Hey - I still remember!

The Arch Bishop said:
[post]347785[/post]
Sorry - yes, the hazards and the indicators worked separately.
Suggests loose/corroded connection somewhere, rather than any component failure. Check relays are firm and then that's about it until it happens again. Soon as it does, make sure you have a working multimeter this time! :p

When I had orion back in 80's I had problems with indicators. In the end discovered it was lose contact on the wire connector nex to the stalk. Just soldered the wire clamped in the pin and never had a problem again

Back