interior light/door open light on dash on!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsbegood

hi guys,
my sister has a 51 reg puma which was recently invloved in a front drivers side wing bump. the garage have replaced the drivers wing and door! everything is fine apart from now everytime the drivers door is shut the interior light and the little car with the door open icon in the dash stay on, infact it never goes off!! i've wipped out the plung button in by the door hinge on the a pillar but all seems ok! does this sound an easy fix? i take it the circuit is "open" to shut the light off then when u open the door the plunger comes out and closes the cicuit to turn the interior light and the dash light on??
bloody beeping things also goes off as it thinks the door is open when u just turn the ignition on!
any thoughts would be great
cheers
Paul

Try pressing the bonnet switch on the slam panel and see if the light goes out.

Its best to have 2 people unless you've got extra long arms :lol:

Ian I'll give it a go. Thanks
Nsm2000, try playing with the switches in the door posts. I found sometimes when things don't work is the contacts have crud/rust on the switch! also as silly as it sounds does the bulb actually work?

Back