iPhone 5

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex_89

Is it just me that is scanning Google every day to see if there's any news? I was very very tempted to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S2 at the weekend but the rumors about iPhone 5 are increasing every day towards an October launch date, I hope so!

Yep, my 3GS contract expires around the predicted release date of mid October, so I'll be consoling myself with one as I couldnt afford a MacBook :grin:

Neil said:
Yep, my 3GS contract expires around the predicted release date of mid October, so I'll be consoling myself with one as I couldnt afford a MacBook :grin:

Exactly the same situation with me, the 3GS is good, the iPhone 4 even better but if the rumors have any truth in them then the iPhone 5 sounds amazing! I know what you mean about the Macbooks, I'd love one too :(

A friend of mine who works for O2 told me a couple of weeks ago the iPhone 5 would be out in 2 weeks... i think he was mis-informed somehow

Looks likely but hope it isn't a US is more important then UK thing so 2 weeks refers to the US ........

37b8d_isheep-300x223.jpg

All this talk of "I must have an iphone 5!" when nobody knows what it can do?

Do iPoo users have that much brainwashing that they're willing to buy an expensive bit of kit without a single review of it?

Madness.

Agreed, but I can't think of a time in the last five years where Apple has monumentally screwed up. It will be good, but I'll wait for a few reviews first.

I dunno... I love Apple stuff, having a Macbook (been using the same one for 5 years - works just as well today as the day I bought it - I know that whenever I open the lid it will be ready for me to nip in, do whatever it is I want to do, then go outside and play some tennis or grow a beard or whatever; it's more computer than I will ever reasonably need), iPad and iPhone 4 (my first iPhone - I skipped the first 3 as they didn't do what I wanted it to do).

I have to say, though, that OS X Lion is guff.

Oh, and the Mighty Mouse with the "nipple" scrolly wheel was turd as well.

I'm sure someone will bring up "antennagate" - but my iPhone 4 works fine - even when used on Cross Country Trains who, in addition to providing carriages that smell like a latrine, also seem to have made their trains out of lead as generally reception onboard their services is poor.

I've had no reception problems at all with the iPhone, however, even when gripped tightly with both hands. And stuffed in my pants so it touches my willy.

evilrob said:
I dunno... I love Apple stuff, having a Macbook (been using the same one for 5 years - works just as well today as the day I bought it - I know that whenever I open the lid it will be ready for me to nip in, do whatever it is I want to do, then go outside and play some tennis or grow a beard or whatever; it's more computer than I will ever reasonably need), iPad and iPhone 4 (my first iPhone - I skipped the first 3 as they didn't do what I wanted it to do).

I have to say, though, that OS X Lion is guff.

Agree Lion has been a disappointment trouble is to go back is a complete re-wipe :-( then reload.

Not isheep been using for years as well , I am same as you just need something that works worked too long in the crappy IT industry to see crap products fall by the wayside .

Won't be upgrading to and iphone 5 though as my 4 is good enough for me at the moment. Stuff is overpriced though agree hence the kind of snob value saying I have apple products - who really cares if it suites you then keep it to yourself......

Neil said:
Agreed, but I can't think of a time in the last five years where Apple has monumentally screwed up.

Presumably we are conveniently ignoring the fact that the current model has to be held in a particular way if, after playing with all its wonderful 'apps' the hapless owner should want to make a phone call?

evilrob said:
I'm sure someone will bring up "antennagate"

Oh look. There it is:

XIIVVX said:
Presumably we are conveniently ignoring the fact that the current model has to be held in a particular way if, after playing with all its wonderful 'apps' the hapless owner should want to make a phone call?

I believe I went on to say:

evilrob said:
- but my iPhone 4 works fine - even when used on Cross Country Trains who, in addition to providing carriages that smell like a latrine, also seem to have made their trains out of lead as generally reception onboard their services is poor.

I've had no reception problems at all with the iPhone, however, even when gripped tightly with both hands. And stuffed in my pants so it touches my willy.

Back