I've been bu**ered!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonB

As the title suggests my poor kat has been hit up the back, hard enough for it to be an insurance job (new bumper please), and am waiting for Flux's people to ring me back.
Just wondering how much damage can be done back there, still seems to drive/stop OK and boot floor does not look buckled, managed to pop bumper back on and hook exhaust up again after bending heatshields back into place. I know its impossible to give definative answers without seeing, but anything to check/photo before handing it over to a repair shop?

check the floor of the boot, if its rippled (under the carpet i mean) then it may get written off :(

any other damage?

Worst thing so far Red, they have given me a 308 diesel to drive!
Boot floor is straight but spare wheel carrier reinforcer is buckled, lower reinforcer for bumper is totalled and boot rear panel seems to be 1/4" in on n/s, hope it pulls or they will write it off. Engineer to inspect next week so fingers crossed.

Y36LNO is now officially dead.
The assessor has declared her a write off and unfit to drive due to the damage.
Managed to argue the value up to £2600 ( amazing how the value increases when you remind them that "black" is more than just a colour and includes some factory fitted extras, +500 ), and seeing as Glass's guide is 2900 for a minter I think I've done OK.
Pretty sure the next car has to be something the Missus will be able to get insurance on as she is learning, so on the lookout for something small with 5 seats, plus another puma for me to garage and project up whilst she is still learning.
I'll still be checking in, but will have to change my model to "other" for a while.

Shame about it being wrote off but got to say well done for getting so much for it :thumbs:

Wish I could get my hands on up to date Glass guides as Parkers have vastly different values for Pumii amongst other cars. How they differ so much is anyones idea considering they've both 'know' the business inside out.

You can see the twist in it, so no point buying the salvage back, however I have just seen Zara's old black one is up for £500, if I have change I may be tempted to use that as a continuation project.

There's another Puma for sale at a bargain price too somewhere which doesn't need a new clutch from memory.

That's a great price for your car!

Back