jerking car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_ortega

I have a puma ford 1.4 drove fine in the motorway when it needed petrol, i put petrol and then car began to jerk. 1st,2nd and 3rd gear jerk the car. 4th gear a d 5th car drives fine.
i checked
- breather rope then changed it ( still jerking)
- idle control valve ( to check, looks clean, still jerking)

and now white smoke started coming out once i reverse.

Please i need help.

What else do i check?
what does this jerking mean?
white smoke?

Please help anyone.

Wrong fuel? Dirty existing fuel, prior to fillup? Certainly, jerking always seems to be fuel related somehow. Odd that it's OK in 4th and 5th, but maybe the fuel 'demand' is far less in those gears and it can cope.

As you can tell, I'm guessing now. :)

Did the petrol tank run very low?
It's possible some crap has been pumped through to the filter, causing a blockage.
Paul

i was thinking that too, now the oil stick is all black once i take it out and white smoke getting worse.
jerking is all over gears now.

No diesel. petrol tank was very low when i added fuel.
how do i check the filter to check for blockage or remove it to verify if that is the problem, that i am jerking and white smoke appears.

anyone else knows, what it could be?

car jerking, I have a puma ford 1.4 drove fine in the motorway when it needed petrol, i put correct petrol and then car began to jerk.
i checked
- breather rope then changed it ( still jerking)
- idle control valve ( to check, looks clean, still jerking)

and now white smoke started coming out

Please i need help.

What else do i check?
what does this jerking mean?
white smoke?

The last time I had white smoke coming out of a car, (thankfully not a Puma), I think it was the head gasket that'd gone.

Best advice surely would be to get it into a garage quick, in case it one of those things that is made worse the more you drive it.

Best of luck, hopefully it's something silly that is a quck and easy fix.

Petrol contaminated by water can cause white smoke and jerking, try topping up with a higher octane.
See if it makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back